JUMP Math: How to Reach & Teach Every Child
- Date: 01/31/2014
Happy New Year! Start off the term with Liz Barrett's workshop on math teaching and problem-solving and nurture mathematical talent in every student!
Let JUMP Math expand your knowledge of math, develop your confidence as a math teacher, and make your math classes more effective, more enjoyable, and less stressful for you and your students. The introductory workshop will teach you how to scaffold lessons so that students are challenged to discover mathematical concepts in manageable steps while raising the bar. You will explore how to close the achievement gap between weaker and stronger students while continually advancing as a class.
HOW TO REACH & TEACH EVERY CHILD (INTRODUCTION) Focus Audience: Teachers of Grades 1 to 8, Learning Assistance Specialists and EAs.
This JUMP Math Pro-D session is designed to give you the tools and skills to implement the program in your classroom or school effectively. In this workshop participants will:
* Learn about the JUMP Math program, its philosophy and development
* Examine their own comfort levels with mathematics and mathematics
* Discuss the importance of teachers' mathematical knowledge
* Observe and critique a JUMP Math lesson
* Become familiar with JUMP Math's teacher and student materials
* Learn about anticipating "pitfalls", task analysis, and other
JUMP Math teaching strategies
* Discuss practical strategies
* Have opportunities to share ideas and network with colleagues
Friday, January 31, 2014
Vancouver, BC - UBC, Earth Sciences Building (ESB) Room 4127,
2207 Main Mall
Time: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. PST
Cost: $80 plus GST
JUMP Math introductory and special education webinars are also offered regularly. Please visit http://www.jumpmath.org/cms/pd_british_columbia
or contact Noreen McLean at email@example.com or at
1 (888) 965-MATH (6284) toll-free