The Collaborative Research Group on Optimization: Theory, Algorithms and Applications will hold a focus period during spring-fall 2013.
• May 3-4, 2013: The West Coast Optimization Meeting at the University of Washington (Organizer: J. Burke).
• June 2013: Follow-up 2-day workshop on the 2011 BIRS workshop on
High-Performance Numerical Methods Supporting Radiation Therapy
Treatment Planning, at Lehigh University (Organizers: Y. Zinchenko and T.
• Spring or Summer 2013: A 5-day conference on Geometric Aspects of
Optimization, at the University of Calgary (Organizers: D. Bermner, A.
Deza, J. De Loera, R. Thomas and Y. Zinchenko).
• August 8-10, 2013: Workshop on Numerical Linear Algebra and Optimization. The main summer
event for this CRG, this workshop will recognize Michael Overton and his seminal work in optimization and numerical linear algebra on the occasion of his 60th birthday. The selected topics are representative of his research interests. (Organizers: I. Dumitriu , C. Greif and E. Mengi).
• June 14-28, 2013: A 2-week-long Summer School on Optimization, at the University of Calgary (Organizers: Y. Zinchenko, H. Bauschke, and X. Wang).
• Women Optimize in the West (WOW), a mentor-mentee international workshop (coordinated by J. Ye and S. Moffat).
• October 4-5, 2013: The West Coast Optimization Meeting at the University of Victoria (Organizers: Jane Ye and Martial Argueh).