Western Canada Linear Algebra Meeting
- Start Date: 05/10/2014
- End Date: 05/11/2014
Joel Friedman, University of British Columbia
Roger Horn, University of Utah
Mitja Mastnak, Saint Mary's University
Maya Mincheva, Northern Illinois University
University of Regina
This is the 12th in a series of biennial meetings that have been held at various sites throughout Western Canada, beginning with an inaugural meeting at the University of Regina in 1993. WCLAM provides an opportunity for researchers and mathematicians in linear algebra and related fields to meet, present accounts of their research, and to hold informal discussions. Although WCLAM has a regional base, the meeting attracts a number of national and international participants. The meeting also enjoys a reputation for its welcoming atmosphere and high quality scientific program.
Participants who wish to present a 25-minute lecture or a poster should send a title/abstract to: email@example.com
We particularly encourage undergraduate and graduate students to consider presenting a poster.
Deadline for Abstract submission: 15 April 2014.
- Department of Mathematics & Statistics: College West Building, 3rd Floor
- Lecture room: TBA
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name and institution.
- Your position (faculty member, postdoctoral researcher, graduate student, undergraduate student).
- Whether you will or will not attend the banquet (evening of May 10). (There will be an extra charge for the banquet. Please indicate if you are bringing a guest.)
- Whether you plan to give a talk or present a poster. (Your title/abstract can be submitted with the registration or separately.)
Registration Fee: $30 (Canadian), payable by cash or cheque (made out to the University of Regina) at the meeting. The fee is waived for students, postdoctoral researchers, and new faculty members.
Please register by 30 April 2014.
Partial financial support for travel and/or accommodation expenses may be available to a limited number of participants who are students, postdoctoral researchers, or new faculty members. To request financial support, please email email@example.com with your request and please include: (i) your name and position (student, postdoc, new faculty member), (ii) the title/abstract of your lecture or poster, (iii) the amount of funding sought.
The deadline for requests is 30 April 2014.
WCLAM Organising Committee
- Shaun Fallat (Regina)
- Hadi Kharaghani (Lethbridge)
- Steve Kirkland (Manitoba)
- Peter Lancaster (Calgary)
- Michael Tsatsomeros (Washington State)
- Pauline van den Driessche (Victoria)
Local Organising Committee
Please help PIMS to improve the quality of its events and plan for the future by filling out this quick and painless survey.